Parenting Plans and Timesharing


Regardless of whether you are a parent who is seeking a divorce; you require a timesharing plan for your children; you are an unmarried parent looking to formalize custody or visitation; you are entitled to collect child support; or you need to modify an existing parenting plan, the family law attorneys of Foyles Law Firm, PLLC are ready to pursue your rights through the North Carolina civil courts. Our family law and divorce attorneys have forged our reputations by negotiating and drafting comprehensive parenting plans for our clients.

Child Custody Plans in North Carolina

In the state of North Carolina, the term “parenting plan” refers to a formal agreement that details the specifics regarding how much time a child will spend with either parent (custody or timesharing), whether one of he parties will be granted visitation, and how much support will be provided by the non-custodial parent towards raising the child. Naturally, the optimal parenting plans are developed when all parties can agree to terms. Even when both sides are in agreement, however, to avoid misunderstandings, our family law attorneys recommend that the details be outlined in the divorce decree or in a formal parenting plan. When circumstances change, the plan can be revisited and modified.

Moore, Chatham, and Scotland County Parenting Plans and Child Timesharing

When you meet with our attorneys at our Southern Pine office in Moore County, we will discuss what you believe to be in the best interests of your child. Additionally, we will examine the financial position of both you and the other parent. Once we have an understanding of what you are seeking, we will determine if it is allowable under North Carolina law and whether it is likely to be granted by the courts. Judges in jurisdictions like Chatham, Montgomery, Moore, Lee, Hoke, Scotland, Richmond, Harnett Counties tend to favor plans that involve the participation of both parents. Consequently, it is unlikely that a North Carolina court will deny either parent at least some level of visitation. When you are aware of what is and isn’t permitted, it will assist you and your attorney in making informed decisions that will be beneficial to your child.

North Carolina’s Premier Family Law and Divorce Lawyers

The family law attorneys of Foyles Law Firm, PLLC represent families in all child-related legal actions, including:

  • Custody/Timesharing
  • Visitation
  • Child Support
  • Paternity Testing
  • Relocation
  • Modifications
  • Military Divorces and Parenting Plans

To schedule an appointment with one of North Carolina’s premier family law firms, contact our Moore County office at 910-693-0055.

The Foyle Law Firm, PLLC represents clients in Southern Pines, Pinehurst, Aberdeen, Sanford, Rockingham, Laurinburg, Raeford, Pinebluff, Taylortown, Chatham County, Montgomery County, Moore County, Lee County, Hoke County, Scotland County, Richmond County, Harnett County, and members of the United States Armed Forces stationed at Fort Bragg and Pope Air Force Base.